TMT Focal Point ...
To facilitate mechanisms that guarantee children’s growth and development in safe communities and healthy environments through capacity building to all.
A thriving child in a safe community and a healthy environment
Empowering orphans through communities
TMT In Brief...
The Mango Tree Trust-Kenya was established in 2006 in Homa Bay County, a County devastated by the effects of HIV and AIDS, to provide an integrated community-based support to orphans and HIV/AIDS affected and infected families. Homa Bay lies along the shores of Lake Victoria, and is one of the worst hit areas in Kenya with high HIV/AIDS infections. The HIV/AIDS pandemic has left thousands of children orphaned and with very bleak futures. The organization has since evolved to have intervention on smart climate actions to support the households ravaged by the long term effects of HIV and AIDS pandemics. The organization is registered as a charitable trust in Kenya with registration number CF NO.334660.
We are supported by The Mango Tree UK and their donors including Samworth Foundation, Archibald Bathgate Ltd, The Coles Medlock Foundation, The Zephr Trust (capital donation and Major donors), LVCT Health, B1G1, World Youth International.
We have two board of trustees: The trustee board members have long term experiences in diverse fields that have contributed collectively to the growth of TMT.
Our Core Values...
Respect and Collaboration
We are founded on genuine relationships and respect with people who share the same goals as us with a clear focus on poverty eradication.
Accountability and Integrity
We are accountable to the communities we work with, the foundations, organizations, businesses, schools and churches
Courage and Innovation
We are in satiable search, working new ideas for scale up, bonded with evidence for decision making
Sustainability and Empowerment
We believe in institutional, technical, financial, legal and environmental sustained actions for the communities we work with through capacity building for empowerment and self-reliance
What We Do...
We make the community safe through capacity building and minimizing the harmful effects of global warming through smart agriculture provide opportunities for the children to grow to their full potential.
- Education for orphans and vulnerable children through bursaries and scholarships
- Girls’ education through The Mango Tree Girls’ school and apprenticeship training
- Household food security and incomes through climate smart agriculture
- Environmental promotion and conservation through rehabilitation of sand mines, tree planting, protection of springs and construction of school toilets
- Climate change impacts and mitigation through the promotion of renewable energy through the use of solar and bio-gas energy
- Strengthen resilience against climate change, reduce greenhouse gas emissions and bind carbon emissions
- Sustainable natural resource management, improve soil fertility and promote bio- diversity
- Community water management and making the available water safe
- Tackle period poverty through reusable cloth sanitary pad production and promotion